Prayer to Frustrate Conspiracy Against Israel
Do Not hold Your peace,
And do not be still, O God!
2. For behold, Your enemies make a tumult;
And those who hate you have lifted up their head.
They have taken crafty counsel against Your people,
And consulted together against Your sheltered ones.
4. They have said, “Come, and let us cut them off from being a nation,
That the name of Israel may be remembered no more.”
5. For they have consulted together with one consent;
They form a confederacy against You;
6. The tents of Edom and the Ishmaelites [Southern Jordan and Saudi Arabia];
Moab [cCentral Jordan] and the Hagrites [Syria and Arabia];
7. Gebal [Southern Jordan], Ammon [central Jordan], and Amalek [Sinai Desert];
Philistia [Gaza Strip area] with the inhabitants of Tyre [southern Lebanon];
8. Assyria [Syria/Iraq] also has joined with them;
They have helped the children of Lot. Selah …
15. So pursue them with Your tempest,
And frighten them with Your storm.
16. Fill their faces with shame,
That they may seek Your name, O LORD.
17. Let them be confounded and dismayed forever;
Yes, let them be put to shame and perish,
18. That they may know that You, whose name alone is the LORD,
Are the Most High over all the earth.